Friday, July 17, 2009

Dog 'black-bellies' .... aka Blackheads on the belly of a dog!

To start this post ... I have a dilemma? Do I gross folks out with images or gross folks out with text first and then show the images ... so there is a warning for folks to figure out if their stomach will be tough enough to handle it? 

I was re-reading all my greyhound books a few months ago as a refresher since I was adopting a new greyhound. It was back in September/October 2006 that I adopted Al-E (from the top of my head I can't remember exactly when) and thus it had been a few years since a good read of those  fabulous books! (Adopting the Racing Greyhound by Cynthia Branigan and Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood)

Anyways ... back to the point! I adopted Wes and ... wait ... oh, I will spare the pictures just yet. I was tempted to insert here but will leave folks in eager anticipation of what the heck I am talking about if they don't know already!! Wes had quite a bundle of blackheads on his little bare belly (meaning - little bare patch on his belly - he doesn't have a little belly!!). I remembered reading a section about this somewhere ... and also -- as my dear Mom taught me when I was younger (she is a nurse!)  - how to properly clear up blackheads!! Squirt!!  So, I took a picture and started! OK, I think it is now time to insert pictures!! Yay (some will say).

Pictures above I made the mistake of having Wes' head on the left (in the left picture taken May 18th) and his head on the right in the right picture (taken July 8th). Above pictures were just taken with my iPhone so up-close detail isn't there. Sorry ... This was over a timespan of just over a month and a half and me not being super-diligent of working on it in bits and pieces at a time.

Now, for Jerry's time in the limelight! Below left was taken June 15th and the image on the right was taken on July 8th. Sorry for the bad lighting / bad pictures ... but the images were not taken for any scientific purposes - just for me to gauge the difference. *smile*


Well, that's all for today's post. What to discuss for tomorrow?? .... We will see what the boys get up to and see if they can inspire me!