Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Eye Boogers!!!




OK ... so, was at a BBQ the other night and the topic came up about 'eye boogers' ... Well, I asked what folks did with the dry, krusty bits that are in their dogs eyes. I started by volunteering what I do (and how I like to gross my brother out and actually make him retch!) .... by pulling out the krusty bit and the oozy bit seems to follow pretty easy. Then, where to put it?!! Well, my most efficient and clean method is to let my dog choose if they wish to take care of that! ... This grossed quite a few people at the dinner table out .... but laughter ensued ... and others started to volunteer their actions. (OK, high class dinner here! *smile* ... oh my stomach still aches from the amount of laughter that evening!!) Well, next offer up was the class act of after it is wiped out of one dinner guest dog's eyes .. that the very respectful gentleman shakes his hand feverishly and lets the 'goopy mess' land where it may!! Hmmm... shall we take a vote? ... 

The images in this post are from my last greyhound: Al-E. I miss her dearly as we pretty much spent all our time together. I am one of those lucky dog owners who gets to take their dog (well - now it is dogs!!) to work. How lucky am I?! 

So, to end this blog ... when taking pictures that will possibly mean the world to you at a later date ... make sure to check for eye boogers! ... or if you have a brother bugging you and you want him to leave you alone - you know what to do....